Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Meet Jamie of The Sunday Flower

1.  Please tell us your name and the name of your business.
My name is Jamie Doan, and I run The Sunday Flower, an Etsy shop.

2. What can shoppers expect to see at the Birds of a Feather Fair from your booth?

My specialty is paper flowers, done in the kusudama style of origami. I'll have all kinds of these flowers available at the fair -- arrangements in vases/containers, a la carte stemmed flowers, unstemmed flowers, holiday decor flowers and wedding items. I'll also have other paper goods, such as cards, gift tags and cupcake wrappers. You might even see some handmade fabric buttons and jewelry at my booth.

3.  Tell us some more about yourself.
I started making paper flowers to use as centerpieces for my own wedding (which took place Sept. 9, 2011), and fell in love with how great they look in so many settings. "Paper flowers" might not sound durable, but these are surprisingly strong, helped by the fact the flowers are made from sturdy acid-free cardstock. They're sure to last you a long time, and are great for anyone who has allergies or a "brown" thumb.

Thank you so much Jamie!  Head on over to Jamie's etsy shop and blog!




No comments:

Post a Comment