Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Meet Linda of L'injoy

1.  Please tell us your name and the name of your business.

Hello.  My name is Linda J. Scaggs and I'd like to welcome you to L’injoy where you will find unique, wire sculptured jewelry creations blending together classic simplicity, romantic charm, and timeless elegance.

2.  What can shoppers expect to see at the Birds of a Feather Fair from your booth?

Each piece is individually handcrafted insuring unique one-of-a-kind creations as unique and individual as you are!  I take great pride in my artistry and am committed to quality – quality in craftsmanship and quality in materials.

3.  Tell us some more about yourself.
I studied at the William Holland School of Lapidary Arts and learned wirewrapping techniques by the former President of the Kentucky Guild for Artists and Craftsmen.


I purchase precious metal wire and sheets in copper, sterling silver, and 14k rolled gold from reputable jewelry supply companies and start the creative process using traditional wire wrapping techniques and various hand tools.  I purchase semi-precious gems and stones from known lapidarists who hand-cut and polish their cabochon stones (such as African Queen Jasper, Mexican Crazy Lacy Agate, and River Jasper).   I also purchase a variety of glass sheets and then hand-cut and fuse glass pendants.  Other purchased embellishments may include semi-precious stones, Swarovski crystals, and freshwater pearls.  Though I prefer to use my own handcrafted elements, occasionally I may use purchase ready-made components if I feel the design is better enhanced by their use.

The artistry is in the cutting, hammering, pulling, twisting, twirling, and swirling … all to create a treasure.

So, come and share my treasures.  Visit me at the Fair or go online to my Facebook page, L'injoy, or my website, http://www.linjoy.net/.  Love what you see and enjoy what you purchase … for all time!

Thanks Linda!  Looking forward to seeing you a the Fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment