Monday, October 3, 2011

Meet Misty of Jewelry by Misty

For the next several weeks leading up to the first ever Birds of a Feather Fair, we are going to begin featuring our vendors so you will be able to "meet" them and get a sneak peek of what to expect when you head to the Fair on November 6th at the Florence Hilton! 

So, in our first feature, please say hello to Misty.  She is the co-creator of the Birds of a Feather Fair and just so happens to be my best friend of nearly 18 years!  Enjoy!

1.  Please tell us your name and the name of your business.

Hello! My name is Misty Porter and my shop on Etsy is not so ironically called Jewelry by Misty.  I’m a lover of jewelry, especially Swarovski crystals, pearls, gemstones and all things that sparkle and shine! You’ll see this translated into my pieces.


2.  What can shoppers expect to see at the Birds of a Feather Fair from your booth?

You can expect to see at the fair hand-crafted jewels that include: necklaces, earrings, bracelets, hairpins, and rings.

3.  Tell us some more about yourself.

I’m a hobby enthusiast, along with my best friend Leslie.  Together, we wanted to bring together a group of people who have taken “crafting” to a new level and inspire the rest of us.  As the old saying goes, “birds of a feather flock together” hence the name of our first annual modern day craft fair. For us, the inspiration gets us ticking and keeps the passion for inventing, creating alive!  I especially love jewelry for several reasons; the obvious is that I get to “play” with gorgeous, shiny beads, stones, and crystals, but also because this craft form is never ending.  If you get bored, you can explore and learn a new method to making a new wonderful piece!    

So my story goes…I started making jewelry just four years ago.  I was a newlywed and was just settling into my first home.  When it came time for thinking of Christmas gifts, I thought it’s about time I just go for it and do what I’ve always wanted to….let’s make some jewels!  From the time I was a little girl, I’ve been mesmerized by jewels and wanted to know how exactly it was made, where the stones came from, who owned it before, etc.  I have collected many pieces from my relatives; in my mind they mark a piece of our family history.  Because of this, I was inspired to create jewelry of my own to mark a special occasion and show my family and friends how much I adore them!  When I see the jewels worn by my loved ones, I am honored and overjoyed and hope they feel as special as I intended.  

My philosophy is: wear accessories that make a statement or tell a story in it of itself.  Hopefully you too will be inspired and find pieces within my collection that help to tell your story and add a bit of spice to your already fabulous self! I’m ever so thankful to have this opportunity to share a little about myself and am so excited to be joining the birds of a feather family with so many wonderfully talented vendors!!  See you on November 6th!!

Thanks Misty!  Be sure to check out Jewelry by Misty on Facebook and on etsy at http://www.jewelrybymisty.etsy.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment